Serviced Accommodation

12 September 2023

The hot topic in the property world!

Also referred to as ‘holidays lets or short-term accommodation’, the property market has recently seen a boom in this type of activity. With the increased financial benefits for landlords, many are now opting to rent their properties via companies such as Air BnB.

Whilst the increased profits are an attractive proposition for the landlord, the increased turnover of tenants subsequently elevates the chance of property damage, or a liability claim against the landlord.

It is important to make sure that the property is correctly insured.

Many online providers are unable/unwilling to provide cover for short-term lets, instead insisting that all tenancies must be on Assured Shorthold Tenancies (AST’s).

Insurance for short-term accommodation is something that we at WTJ are very familiar with. Please get in touch for advice and/or a quote, and we can tailor your policy to suit you with the option of including the following covers:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Loss of Rental Income
  • Public Liability (Landlords’ Liability)
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Accidental Damage
  • Theft/Malicious Damage by Tenants
  • Legal Expenses
  • Terrorism

If you are considering renting your property out as short-term accommodation, then we recommend you check your local authority guidance. Some councils may only allow you to rent a property out as short-term accommodation for 90 days and above 90 days may require planning permission.

Get in Touch

If you would like a quotation please contact us today on 01924 871111 and a member of our specialist team will be happy to assist you

WTJ Insurance

Landmark House, 556 Leeds Road,
Outwood, Wakefield, WF1 2DX

Call: 01924 871 111